One of the best ways to avoid the hassles and expenses that can come with a serious HVAC problem is knowing what the warning signs are and seeking help if you notice them.
Common signs of problems include:
- Frequent/infrequent cycles: In general, air conditioning units should cycle between two and three times an hour, while heaters should cycle anywhere from three to five. Cycling too often or not enough is a sure sign that your systems need attention.
- Spikes in your energy bills: Most property owners know what to expect from their gas, electric, and other utility bills from month to month and season to season. Should yours be unexpectedly high, your furnace, air conditioner, or other HVAC units could have a problem that is causing them to work inefficiently.
- Loud noises: This is one of the easiest signs to identify. If your air conditioner, furnace, or any other unit makes abnormal noises when starting, shutting down, or at any time during a cycle, there is likely a problem that could become more severe if you ignore it.
- Inability to produce enough hot/cold air: Your heater and air conditioner should be able to keep your property at a desired temperature. If it either takes too long to cool your space or get it comfortably warm, contact a professional to diagnose the issue.
Even if your HVAC system seems to be working fine, our experience has shown us that it is smart to have an experienced contractor routinely check on it. Regular maintenance not only ensures it is at its best, but it protects you from expensive and unexpected breakdowns. Ideally, you should service your heating and cooling units before the seasons when you need them most. For heater repairs, late summer and early fall are best, while later winter and early spring are ideal for air conditioner repairs.
At Buckhorn Heating & Air Conditioning, we have numerous services that can help you take control of your IAQ and make your property a healthier place.
- Repair or replace the heat recovery ventilators (HRV) that purify your air and regulate humidity. We also offer these same services for energy recovery ventilators (ERV), which perform similar functions as HRVs, only in more hot and humid environments.
- Clean and balance your air ducts, which not only improves your IAQ and optimizes your airflow, but also allows improves your heating and cooling units’ efficiency.
- Replace your air filters, and even help you determine which type of air filter would be best for your IAQ needs.
- Install and repair air purifiers, which actively clean the air that your HVAC system circulates.
We are your top choice for IAQ and other HVAC services in Loveland, Fort Collins, and the surrounding areas. Do not hesitate to get our help! Call (970) 446-1200 or contact us online.